My-opic Vision

Up close and personal...

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I believe

I am conditioned to think of R Kelly's song 'I believe I can fly'... and yes this is the last installment of the trilogy. Belief is such a big term... I don't know how to dissect it with the minimum experience and worldly gyan that I possess... hmmmm

You know, I can't help putting this down here... before my second innings - the resurrection of my almost-dead blog.. I believed that I couldn't write when I was happy... because I was so busy feeling happy and rejoicing - ya something like I was greedily hoarding all I could and I expressed it through active emotions - like a good laugh, my ear-to-ear grin, by being generous to the power of infinity, etc..
I didn't feel the need to write (which was a passive expression)... I have carried this belief for the last 10 years at least...
The converse also holds true... when I felt let down or sad.. words miraculously flowed from the tip of my pen and my mouth would be shut (it was a relief to many that my motor mouth was shut for a change... albeit short-lived pleasure ;-) )... I coloured the world in gloomy shades and was happy concentrating on the troubles that the indifferent world had piled on me...

The fact that the first two parts of the trilogy are so strong on negative emotions speaks a lot about my belief... I truly don't know where to stop when I digress

Coming back to beliefs... I am a strong believer in positives... And I believe that all complications are a result of our own procrastination to clean up the mess... we humans love complications na... simplicity is just not happening enough ya... In spite of my aggressive take on the losers (ya i have clubbed the fatalist, determinists, sadists, masochists, etc) I still believe we have a chance...

I have to quote Richard Bach (Messiah's Handbook) "Everything is exactly as it is for a reason. The crumb on your table is no mystical reminder of this morning's cookie, it is there because you have chosen not to remove it."

Perfect. It cant get better than this. Sums up what I believe now... You know I learnt a lot from a 'wise man' I met and then when I read Bach... I thought well... I am happy believed him...

Belief is such a strong emotion that a moment of insight can change years of dirt we have collected... it can reform (both for good and bad)... How I wish our growing up would mean that we believed in a better tomorrow... which obviously would stem from a sound past and a steady today... God! am I sounding confused.. well I am...

Coming to another tug of war going in my mind... I am convinced and I believe are they the same thing? I wonder...

2 Comments:

Blogger Nirvanicyogi said...

great song....
Belief...ahh!...the word evokes such a strong emotion.....belief i guess existed even before the begining..i guess the thought was always there..and will always exist..even after the end...coz belief transcends time..and life..and maybe even..the supreme..

Hey here is my favorite quote..just freak out on this!!.....from
Chuck Palahuik... "The unreal is more powerful than the real,because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it.Because its only intangible ideas, concepts , beliefs, fantasies that last.stone crumbles, wood rots, people well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, dream, a legend, they can go on and on.".....

and yes...belief...has to be experienced...and realised.....dont put the knife through it...just feel it...dont bother about the...minimics and the maximics....:-):-)belief knows no age..knows no time..knows no sex...knows no creed...it just exists...so go and just experience your "BELIEFS"

chow...and "believe"

9:30 PM  
Blogger dusky hues said...

i love the saying...
its absolutely fundu

chow

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home